Age requirements: The student must be three years old by October 1st to enroll in PK3. The student must be four years old by October 1st to enroll in PK4. The student must be five years old by October 1st to enroll in Kindergarten. The student must be six years old by October 1st to enroll in first grade.
All parents of incoming students and any of their students in grades 7-12 will be interviewed prior to acceptance. A recent report card and achievement test results should be brought to each interview. Because of the purpose of our school, at least one parent must be a born-again Christian and give a clear testimony of his/her salvation during the interview. Also, the family should be regularly attending a Bible-teaching church.
Non-Discriminatory Enrollment Policy
GCCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, athletics, and other school-administered programs.
The following requirements are outlined in the Application Forms for admission at Gloucester County Christian School and must be attested to by the parents of the student applying for admission.
- All of the information provided in this application is accurate and complete and that if any information has been omitted or falsified on the application or in the family interview process, my child’s acceptance to GCCS will be in jeopardy.
- The receipt of this application for consideration and review by GCCS in no way implies or guarantees acceptance of my child for enrollment at GCCS.
- The doctrinal statement of the school will be foundational to all learning, chapels, events and activities, and that the standards of the student handbook will be enforced.
- My child’s or family’s image may be used for advertising by GCCS in its photography, publications, website, school Facebook page, etc.
- All disputes between my family and GCCS must first be negotiated internally with the administration of GCCS. Any unsettled disputes must be resolved by binding Christian conflict resolution, mediation, or arbitration.
- My child will participate in field trips and other school activities.
- The teacher has full discretion in the classroom discipline of my child.
- GCCS reserves the right to suspend, dismiss, or deny reenrollment to my child and/or family if there is refusal to cooperate in the disciplinary, spiritual, educational, and/or administrative processes of the school.
- In the event that my child is not enrolled for the entire year, I will be responsible for the payment of prorated tuition and fees for the time that my child was enrolled.
- GCCS will withhold all academic records, including report cards, transcripts, electronic access, and diplomas, until all tuition and fees have been paid.
- The GCCS student accident insurance policy coverage is secondary to all other medical insurance coverage that the student has for major injuries.
- I will be expected to cooperate fully in the following ways by:
- Becoming practically involved in the life of the school.
- Praying regularly for the school and its needs.
- Making all payments for tuition, fees and other financial obligations on a timely basis.
If the application for my child is accepted, I promise to abide by the regulations and fulfill my responsibilities to GCCS. I realize that my responsibilities include meeting my financial obligations on time, helping my children with homework, and giving financial gifts when possible. If I become dissatisfied with the school in any respect, I will seek to resolve the matter by taking it up with the teachers and principal, rather than by spreading gossip and criticism. I also promise to faithfully support the discipline and academic standards of GCCS. Finally, I realize that attendance at GCCS is a privilege and not a right, which may be forfeited by any student who does not conform to the standards and regulations of GCCS. I realize that GCCS may request the withdrawal of any family at any time which, in the opinion of GCCS, does not fit into the spirit of the institution, regardless of whether the family conforms to the specific rules of GCCS.
GCCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, or sex in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarships, and athletic and other schooladministered programs