GCCS is excited to announce our partnership with Rowan College of South Jersey (RCSJ) to participate in the Dual Enrollment option in their High School Option Program (HSOP). The HSOP is open to all sophomore through senior students, aged 15-18 years old, in and out of county, to take an unlimited amount of RCSJ general education college courses at a 65% discount. GCCS’s Dual Enrollment is tailored to fit the needs of our students, allowing those with a minimum 3.0 GPA to take courses not offered at GCCS via online classes that can be taken at home or in-school during study hall. Courses can be applied to RCSJ’s associate’s degree programs or easily transferred to other institutions of higher education.
High School Option Program Benefits:
- Personalized advisement to develop an academic pathway
- 65 percent discount on tuition and per-credit fees
- Unlimited courses to choose from
- Get a jump-start on college coursework
- Complete remediation coursework
- Explore career pathways
- Full access to clubs and activities held on campus (excluding athletics)
- Online options
- Affordable & Accessible
For more information, please contact Mr. May at oc.sc1579933664cg@ya1579933664mr1579933664 or call/leave a message for him at 856-589-1665 x3.
Continue below for how to get started!
How to Get Started – 3 Easy Steps!:
- 1. Complete a High School Participation Form (click to print) and obtain a copy of your high school transcript to provide to RCSJ’s Gloucester campus Office of Admissions (mailing address is on the back of application). An acceptance letter will be mailed within 1-2 weeks of the Admissions Office receiving the application. RCSJ student ID#’s will be within the acceptance letter. *To expedite the process, students may also come in person to the Gloucester campus Student Services building to submit the required documents. Students will need to be present and provide a photo ID in order to receive their RCSJ student ID#’s before leaving that day.
- 2. High school students will have to meet the testing requirements in order to register for any course. Therefore, before seeing an advisor to register for a class, students must satisfy RCSJ’s College Placement Test requirements or provide proof of standardized test scores that will exempt students from taking the College Placement Test (SAT, ACT, PARCC). Students who have met the testing criteria should include official score reports when submitting their HSOP Participation form and high school transcript.
To schedule RCSJ’s College Placement Test visit www.rcsj.edu/Testing/Gloucester (practice sites also found on that web address). Prior to scheduling your test, you should have your RCSJ student ID#, which is needed in order to take the exam. First time test takers are not charged for the exam. Students who need to take the exam a second, and last, time will have to pay $10.00 per test subject (reading, writing, math). The reading section of the exam is needed to take 99% of RCGC courses, including math courses. Other sections of the exam may not be needed now. For example, if a student does not want to take a math course at RCSJ then we do not need students to show us math scores. If you have questions about which section of the exam a student should take please consult with one of our Center for College and Career Readiness advisors, https://www.rcsj.edu/hsop/appointments.
Scores that will award testing exemption include:
- 3. Meet with a Center for College and Career Readiness advisor and register for classes – HSOP students MUST meet with their RCSJ advisor every semester when registering for courses. This is to prevent students from self-advising and potentially interfering with financial aid opportunities in the future. The Center for College and Career Readiness provides programs and resources for high school students of Gloucester and surrounding counties. For more information about HSOP and other credit bearing opportunities for high school students, please visit, https://www.rcsj.edu/DesignYourFuture.