Parents Advancing Christian Education
What Is P.A.C.E.?
We are the Parents at GCCS! Our P.A.C.E. group started in the 1996-1997 school year for a way to get parents involved within the school. With the help of the GCCS administration an executive board was named, and P.A.C.E. was started. The members of P.A.C.E. are Parents, Grandparents, Teachers and Alumni. We wanted to be more than a PTA group and we also want be Bible-centered. Our main focus is to raise funds for special projects around our school. We volunteer our time, resources, abilities and love to see our Christian school advance.
Why Should I Join P.A.C.E.?
The P.A.C.E. organization meets every month during the school year to address various areas of our school that need our attention. Sometimes the project is to run a fund raiser, and other times it is to paint or build a picnic bench. Whatever the need is, that is where we want to focus our abilities. We often receive help from other parents that are not involved in P.A.C.E. We also have a Teachers Wish List. This list is generated by our teachers and includes items that they need in their classrooms, or suggests material they could use to enhance their efforts. These items are worked on throughout the school year. Come out to a meeting and see for yourself.
Who Can Join P.A.C.E.?
Each adult here at GCCS is welcome to join. We meet monthly to discuss goals, finances and school projects. Attendance at monthly meetings is not mandatory, but your presence is a voice, a vote, or an idea that can make a difference. Meetings start at 7:00 PM.
What has P.A.C.E. done?
- Aluminum Bleachers for Sports Field
- Picnic Tables for Outside
- New Bathroom in Pre-K
- New Rugs for Many of the Classrooms
- Computers for the Computer Lab
- Laser Printer for the Office
- Starting the School Store
- Networking the Computer Lab
- Supplies for the Science Lab
- Clearing of Trees at Baseball Field
- New Fences at Baseball Field
- Shop-Rite Food Certificates
- Volunteer Forms and Database
- Library Fund
- Cash Gift to All Graduating Seniors
- Year End School Picnic
- New Sports Equipment
- Letter Cutting Machine
- Classroom Supplies
- Tools for the Maintenance Department
- Letters for the Information Board
- Bible & US Maps for 3rd Grade
- Water Fountain for Lower Grades
- Wall Mats in the Gym
Galatians 6:10 – As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.